Ingredients (serves 2)
For the gnocchi
70g plain flour
20g nettles, finely chopped
2 eggs, beaten
Salt and pepper
For the pesto
50g wild garlic
2tbs energevita flakes
40g hazelnuts or cashew nuts
100ml olive oil
Plus 50ml vegetable stock
- Oven bake the potatoes for approx. 1hr in 180C oven. Whilst still hot scoop out flesh and lightly mash.
- Sift flour and add semolina, nettles, potatoes, eggs, salt and pepper
- Stir just until it all comes together into a thick, be careful not to over work
- Dust a clean work surface with flour and roll out dough into a long sausage about 2cm thick. Cut into 5cm lengths and dust with flour.
- For the pesto, blitz all the ingredients into a coarse paste
- Bring a pan of water with a pinch of salt to the boil and turn to a simmer to gently drop in gnocchi. When they rise to the surface remove with a slotted spoon.
- Fry gnocchi in butter in a heavy saucepan until golden, add stock and tablespoon of pesto.